How do I submit an article?
Just write your article in guest article form below, and submit. It may take 2-3 days to get back to you. If you have not heard back within a week, please feel free to give us a nudge.
All contributions will be reviewed by the editor and content that matches (or exceeds) the site’s existing standards are going to be promoted on the main blog.
Before you submit an article, please note that:
- Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figures of speech which you are used to seeing in print.
- Never use a long word where a short one will do.
- If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.
- Never use the passive where you can use the active.
- Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word, or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.
- Break any of these rules sooner than saying anything outright barbarous.
- Write your post around a targeted keyword or key phrase. Use this keyword/phrase in the headline and throughout the post.
- The content must be original and cannot be republished elsewhere on the web.
- Your articles may be edited prior to publishing.
- If you use an image or quote text from another source, always give full credit with a hyperlink. Never attempt to rehash someone else’s content or idea.
- While there’s no such thing as “optimal” word length as it may vary depending upon the topic, guest posts should have at least 500 words or more.
- Can use images with your articles and each image should include a caption. The maximum image size is 825px wide.
- Do not publish negative reviews – if you think a product has no good features, better not write about that product on the blog.
- As far as possible, write evergreen content and avoid using too much jargon.
- If you are planning to cover news that is already well known on the Internet, add thoughtful analysis to your story or explore it from an angle that other publications may have missed.
What gets rejected
The submissions we had to say no to:
- Cover topics that are irrelevant to what we usually publish, e.g. loans, choosing a curtain, how to hire a lawyer, essay writing assignments, biographies, science fiction stories, a science journal, the first chapter of a novel etc.
- Are not written in English or are written in a form of English that the general population cannot seem to understand. Please ensure that you have proofread your post before submitting it.
- Contain elements that are against our publishing policy.
- Are found to be plagiarized, copied or spun from another source. We respect the work of writers who make their trade through writing and reserve the right to not publish a compromised post.
- Are explicitly written to market or sell a product, tool, service or app affiliated with the writer.
- Are not submissions at all. Please do not use the submissions link to inquire about how else to improve your chances of being published. We’ve already shared all our secrets with you. Be brave and just send it in.
- We reserve the right and final decision to reject a submission if the post is found to have problems that make it unsuitable for publication.
As a guest author, you won’t be paid for your contributions however this chance will facilitate get a lot of exposure for your blog or your brand on the Internet. All guest articles will include a brief bio of the author and a link to his or her website or social profile for some extra publicity.