How to Start a Blog in 2019 – A Simple Guide
Have you ever get that feeling that you want to start a blog? But then you find yourself lost because you don’t know how to start and how much effort you will have to put on it.
The Five Steps to start a blog.
- What kind of blog?
- Choosing a platform for your blog
- Choose a Domain name
- Design & Layout of your blog
- Get start with WordPress
What kind of blog?
Firstly, to start a blog, you should have in mind what kind of blog do you want to have, if it will be more personal, to talk about your life’s experiences, or it will be some kind of informative blog, to help other people know more about some type of subject, and also what are your expectations for it, if you intend to make money blogging.
Choosing a platform for your blog
After deciding what kind of subject you want, your next step is to choose which platform you will use; there are free options such as blogger and WordPress, and also paid options. In this post we will talk more about the free options, focusing on the WordPress platform, since it has the best CMS (Content Management System), and it is a powerful blogging platform, allowing you to create your content with more freedom and efficiency, and giving you the option to have your own domain, if you choose the paid option.
Choose a Domain name
So now that you have chosen your platform, you need to think about the name of your blog, it needs to be creative and interesting because it’s how people will find your blog. Choose a name that is easy to be remembered and that shows what your blog is about. And remember, your blog name is your brand. After you can create the domain of your blog, try to use the same words as your blog name, and make it easier to be found on search tools.
Design & Layout of your blog
Another important step when starting a blog is to choose your layout, your blog theme, and it should fit on the subject of your blog. For example, if you have a photography blog, so choose a theme and layout that allows you to show big images with little text. Your theme is much important to make your reader interested and comfortable with your content. Another detail that you have to think about is to make sure your layout and theme can work well on mobile and tablets. Most of the people who will read your blog will probably use mobile for it.
Get start with WordPress
WordPress has many options for layouts, templates, and themes that you can choose for free. You can choose one WordPress theme for the beginning and then you can customize it according to your intentions. Also, on WordPress, you can add plugins that help you to achieve your objectives with your blog.
Here are some important tips if you want to use your blog as your workspace and want to make money off it:
- Create your identity as a writer. First of all, what you make you stand out from another blog is to put your own identity on your blog. Make sure to show to your readers who you are, and why they should read your blog instead of another one that maybe is bigger than yours. Your identity is what will make people read what you write, even if it’s the same subject from another one.
- Create always original content. Many times we may have doubts about what to write, and then start reading other blogs searching for some inspiration. But the most important thing is to make sure you write original content, with your own words, and if you use images or texts from someone else, you need to give the credits for this person.
- Use photos in your posts. One way of keeping your readers interested in your content is making it more enjoyable and less tiring for reading. You can do this inserting photos and images relevant to your text. Just remember; never overdo the number of images. Always keep a good balance between text and photos.
- Make regular posts. If you are using your blog as a workspace, so you know you need to keep your readers interested in your content. It’s much important to create a kind of relationship with your readers. Choose some days to posts new content, and keep it regularly, posting on the same days and times every week. By doing it, your regular reader will access your blog always on the same days, and you will always make sure they are satisfied.
- Buzz content and trending topics. Keep yourself up with what is trending on the internet world. This will help you to bring more readers to your blog, and make it grows faster. Trending topics and buzz content are an interesting way to deal with those moments when you have no idea about what to write but still wants to keep your regular posts. But don’t forget, even if you will write about something everyone else is talking, make sure to write an original post and keep the identity of your blog. If the trending topics of the day are about music and your blog is about food, maybe you should let this idea for another moment.
- Create an email address for your blog. If you have an email specifically for using on your blog, you can manage better the contact with your readers and people or companies that may be interested in having a partnership with you.
These are the first steps and tips for you creating your blog for free, in an easy and reliable platform like WordPress. So now… start blogging and have the fun of it.